Friday, June 29, 2012

I'm a Winner!

Tuesday I had surgery, coming out of anesthesia isn't all that pleasant.  Once I got to my suite, regained my senses, and felt less like death I fired up the iPad and checked my emails.  In my email I found that Graceful Disaster...Life, Parenting & Humor   commented on my post regarding the pre surgery liquid diet.  In said comment she notified me that she had given me the Liebster Award!  Thank you so much Graceful Disaster, I appreciate it and it is quite humbling.  It brought my first legitimate post op, out of anesthesia smile...priceless.  Many thanks!



Here are the rules:  

1. Choose 5 up & coming blogs to pass the Liebster Award on to.  Each blog must have less than 200 followers. 


2. Show your thanks & appreciation to the blogger than gave you the award by  linking back to them.


3. Share 5 random facts about yourself.


4. Post the award to your blog.



Five Random Facts:

1.  I'm not sure how random this fact is but it's the first that comes to mind.  My name is April.  Yes, as in the fourth month. Believe it or not I was born in this month.  Big props to my parents for using the first thing they could think of.  (Just kidding)  This has brought relentless teasing though life such as "Oh I bet your middle name is MAY bahahaha."  ...No it's not.  

2.  I despise "chick flicks."  So and so feel in love?  Well that's great, I don't care.  Give me a good ol fashioned horror show and I'll be satisfied.  

3.  Mashed potatoes without gravy is my favorite food.  Yes, I'm the girl who you may or may not have seen in a restaurant ordering mashed potatoes as a meal.  Sorry Emeril, none of that fancy stuff for me BAM just salt and butter please! 

4.  To me, the term dressing up means "nice" jeans and a "fancy" top with the possibility of some sort of matching flip flop.   I'm 33 years old maybe sometime soon I'll embrace a little bit more fashion sense, then again maybe not.  I prefer comfort to feeling like there's a stick up my ass.  

5.  I'm the kind of Mom who yells at her boys for playing video games wrong.  Whether it's using the spacebar to jump or R1 to aim, I'm always there to teach them the important things in life.  Someday, they'll thank me.  lol.

Drumroll Please...

The Authentic Life 
Marvelous Mo' & Me 
Mod Mom Beyond IndieDom 
FoodThoughtsOfaChefWannaBe 
just keep swimming 

I decree I award these 5 blogs the Liebster Award for their hard work and their ability to keep me entertained!  Congrats and thanks again to Graceful Disaster for my first blog award, the Liebster Award. 

CLICK HERE to Vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs!







22 comments:

  1. Thank you for bestowing this award upon me, April! May it bring us all joy, this June. (You really think I was going to pass up that opportunity? Not a chance. You're welcome.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I found you on the BLOG HOP. I'm hopping too. Can't wait to check out more of your blog - It looks like I can find some good laughs here, and those are always a welcome thing! http://www.notmymomsblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and glad to have you stopping by. The world needs more Smarties. I'll be heading your way soon. :)

      Delete
  3. Well, congratulations, girl! Thanks so much for following my blog, I'm returning the favor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! What an awesome award!!! -hugs M3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, that is SO awesome!! Stopping by from the blog hop! Am now a new follower:) Would love if you could follow me back!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    https://twitter.com/LoveMyMamaDrama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm now following your blog will get to fb and twitter soon. =)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations and get well soon!

    Found you in blog hop and followed you in Twitter! :)

    Jen
    whyyyjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and well wishes. I've now followed you back. =)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the award! Hope you feel better soon! I'm totally with you on the mashed potatoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I've found someone else who loves mashed potatoes. I never thought the day would come. Thanks for the grats and well wishes. Getting better by the day. Hope to have new content up soon. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had surgery on the 25th so I know the foggy post anesthesia feeling very well. It sucks. I'm glad you had sometime to put a smile on your face though!

    And as for mashed potatoes... I'm all about the salt, pepper and butter. Nothing else for me. Why mess with perfection?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exactly, why mess with such perfection!? Glad you are on board too. Yes, what I remember coming out of anesthesia was being super hot, telling the nurse I was going to vomit, and the amount of noise was bothering me. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found you via the blog hop...Firstly - hope you are all recovered from surgery.... Congratulations on your award!!! Your blog is awesome!! I also love mashed potato, so much so that my kids think it is a treat when they are allowd to have just a big bowl of it for dinner...and finally I'm looking forward to more of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly recovered yes! Thanks for stopping by I do appreciate you doing so. I'm so glad I've found yet another who is in love with Mashed potatoes. All is right in this world. I'll be picking up writing again, soon! =)

      Delete
  12. I'm glad I'm not the only mom who helps her kids play video games! My son got skylanders for his birthday, and when he was asleep I would go through and find all of the treasures and level up all of his Skylanders! I found you through the blog hop, and you already found me. Hope this is the beginning of a beautiful blogger friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ventured into my sons Skylander game. However, my son did get the new Lego Batman game and I've been helping him with that the past couple days. I'm happy to have ya as a Smartie and fellow gamer momma!

      Delete
  13. Just stopped by to say I'm now a follower - Thanks for following me! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete