Saturday, July 14, 2012

Me, Sunshine? You Bet!

I graciously am accepting another blogger award.  This time it's the Sunshine Blogger Award, given to me by My Daily Jenn-ism .  Jenn is a great lady and full of wonderful ism's that make me smile.  A heartfelt thank you to you, Jenn.  It makes me so happy to hear that someone is thinking of me, even when my writing has slowed of late. Don't worry Smarties this may have been the push I needed.  =) 

The Rules:

       1.  Include award logo in a post or on your blog page.
2    2. Answer (10) questions about yourself.  
3    3. Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.

Ten Questions and Answers:
 
1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
       At times, I would like to change my outlook on things.  I have a generally pessimistic attitude and sometimes it would be great to be one of those happy-go-lucky people of the universe.  Then again I wouldn't be me if I didn't have the mindset that I call my own.

2.  What is your theme song?
This has been my most difficult question to answer.  I have various musical tastes that I can't satisfy with just ONE song.  So, I'm just going to go what came to be first.  Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.  Who doesn't love this song, you can sing along and have a great time!  

3.  One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove     from your brain?
Who is really going to admit something that they'd want to erase? Haha, I guess it'd be that time I thought a mullet like hair cut was a good idea so I wouldn't have to brush it as much.  Did I ever mention I'm a tomboy at heart? 

4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
 I love my generation, I'm a proud Gen X baby.   We've seen what there used to be things like rotary phones and  cassette tapes but we're just as familiar with cell phones, laptops, tablets, and wireless internet.  However, I've always said I would love to have been part of the 60s, purely for musical reasons.  I would've given a limb to see The Doors at Whiskey A Go-Go or to have been at Woodstock. 

5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
My favorite childhood toy, hmmmm.  I loved Barbies but equally loved playing with my brothers GI Joes.  The Nintendo is a close contender as well.  

6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore?
Seriously?  I guess I'll go with vacuuming mostly because a machine is doing most of the work for me.

7. Do you Twitter? 
Yes, I do but not very well.  I'm a bit of twitter noob.  I just don't get hash tags and retweeting.  I'm starting to feel old as I write this.  I think Twitter was invented for people with ADHD/ADD, I'm sorry I like to read more than 140 characters. 

8. Any goals?
Of course, I'm always on a quest for knowledge it seems.  I always dream of going back to school over and over again and becoming a jack of all trades.  My current interest though is possibly Nursing.  Not sure though, I don't know if I can handle excrement on a routine basis.  

9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?
Nope, I never touch those sour things.  Give me a Sam Adams and I'm a happy girl.  That or something with vodka in it. =) 

10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
THE EL CAMINO! I hated driving around in my Dad's truck.   Sorry Dad, not my first choice in vehicles. 

My Sunshine Nominees


Thanks again to My Daily Jenn-ism.  Go visit her and see what she's all about, she's amazing!  To my Sunshine Nominees, each of you are a great read and I tried to include as many military wives as I could.  We need to keep together one blog at a time.  Congrats nominees! 


CLICK HERE to Vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs!
 

15 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you so much for the blogger award. I'm with you re Twitter, haha! Does... not... compute. -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twitter definitely does not compute. Eh, I just stop by there on occasion to see what everyone else is doing. You are welcome for the award!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You are very welcome, from one Army wife to another!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I will get to this ASAP!!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award! New follower from the Welcome Wednesday Hop!

    Emily
    http://birthofamom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you through the hop!
    Come check me out deezydoesiteezy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog on the blog hop. Hope you will follow me too.

    ReplyDelete